Sunday, March 27, 2005

A typical Saturday night in Bangkok

Well, it's the day after the day after the day after and I'm still recovering and remembering snippets of conversations I shouldn't have had, and loud impressions of Cartman I shouldn't have done ("You WILL respect my authoraton!!" "I'm not fat i'm festively plump" "beeeeeeefcake!!" all shouted rather loudly in the lobbey of a posh hotel, earning me the new nickname of beeeeeeefkate).

After the last lesson we headed straight to the Hard Rock cafe for 2 for 1 drinks (they have the coolest sign above the door - "No drugs or nuclear weapons allowed" and they actually check your bag!). We then moved onto a Thai bar where hannah ordered a blow job but got sperm, and i got a multiple screaming orgasm, which didn't quite live up to it's name. It was then back to the hotel to get changed, and onto a nighclub which was under a posh hotel. That was...interesting. Saudi Arabian music, and lots of Saudi Arabian people dancing saudi arabian dances. Such a surreal experience, especially when you're half cut! Here I proceeded to get snaps of everyone from the course in various impressions of animals ("John, give me a tiger... go! Hannah, give me a marmoset, I wanna see an angry marmoset, yeah, work that marmoset, look that other marmosets just taken your supply of... nuts... or something, show mean angry marmoset!)

But that was not as surreal as the next place, I can't remember what music it was but it was 4 times the price of a normal thai beer, there was a band playing but no one dancing, and when I took a photo of the band someone told me off, and a girl i was with told me it was because the band was comprised of international drug dealers... i am unaware how true this is but i believe it.

But it was the next part of the night where it got messy. A girl from the course reckoned she could drink more than me (oh what a laughable idea?!?!?) So i was like "hold on there missy, i ain't having that!". We argued for a while and then decided that the only way to settle this would be a drinking competition. And then someone else joined in and it got quite heated but the only way to check who could hold the most was to start the competition, bearing in mind we were all pretty far gone after the cocktails and beers from earlier i knew this wasn't going to be pretty! So it was 3 girls: England versus America versus India, last one drinking won, disqualification for falling over, not buying your round, and chucking.

So we moved on to the final club and sweet, sweet lord I've never seen such a dirty place (literally not metaphorically). I have taken a photo of the bath within the toilet (yes there was a bath in the toilet in the nighclub) as proof that it was actually worse than the worst toilet in Glasgow in Trainspotting.

We switched to vodka and orange at the club and that was when i knew was on homeground. We all got very drunk, danced a lot and had a very good time, it was actually really cooel music, R'n'B from what i remember - I definitely remember hearing Britney tho'. We finally left the club at some time in the morning, not sure when it was but it was definitely light outside, and I don't THINK I ate any fried cockroachs on the way home... no, I'm sure I didn't...

I'm now off to Koh Samet for a weekend of lazing and drinking and reading, and there may not be Mozilla Firefox there, which I need to update this blogger, so this may be the last transmission for a while people.

Keep in touch by e-mail tho

Katy
x

ps. just for your info we're nowhere near that earthquake and we're heading north east so don't worry... just incase you were... you know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter