Friday, March 04, 2005

aaaaarrrggghhhh

So I'm here, I'm hot and I'm stressed. I've already taught twice now, am just on lunchbreak and am only not studying and planning my lesson cos someone has the book I need, otherwise I'm afraid this blog would never get done!!
Took us 26 hours to get here, we're staying in a hotel 5 minutes from the language school which is perfect. The people on the course are the coolest tho', they're from ALL over: 2 from Tibet, some Americans (Hawaii none the less!), some New Zealanders, some English, and a South African I think!
It is the most stressful thing I've ever done! have already taught a 15 minutes section of a lesson (first day) 35 minutes (3rd day) 40 minutes (yesterday) and another 40 minutes on Monday. I cocked up the first 2 BIG BIG time!! was under by 10 mins on the 40 minute one, so I was like "um, any questions... about anything?... anything at all?....( blank looks from 14 Thai's).... um, ok then, I guess you can all go home... or something...", never been so embarressed!! Then yesterday I completely went over time, explained the task wrong so that 2 students were left doing nothing so I had to join in and play the game with them and couldn't observe anyone else!! OH-MY GOD, never has anyone wanted the ground to eat them whole more!! So, yeah, really, really looking forward to Monday, and ontop of that I have a 1000 word essay due in 6pm Monday.
My head hurts.
On the upside I'm getting on well with the students! they are soooo easy to teach cos they've all paid a fee to be on the course and are really keen to speak English, altho' they are a little quiet. They have a Thai nickname for Hannah, it's 'Koh Pin Yan' (one of much grammar) They also have one for me.... 'Fatty Mc Sweaty' . Seriously, it's sooo hot over here, and they are all tiny! I feel like a massif heffalump waddling down the street, sweating all over the place, next to all these gorgeous little Thai women.
So, am gonna go wrestle my book back in a minute, so make sure you post here please!
see ya
x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter